The Ohio Geological Society is a non-profit 501C(6) service organization formed in 1961 and is affiliated with the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG). The Societies 200 members are geologists, work in a geology related field, or are a geology student or hobbyist. The Society is dedicated to the advancement of the science of geology and related fields, disseminating knowledge of geology or related fields for the benefit of its members, and promoting the education of geology in Ohio. The Society and its members meet regularly in the central Ohio area for technical presentations, social outings, field trips and educational workshops that relate to petroleum, natural gas, groundwater, coal, industrial minerals, and other natural resources. Annual dues are $20 per person.
Reasons To Join:
- Be part of a relevant, dynamic, statewide professional geoscience organization.
- Network at meetings, social functions, workshops and field trips.
- Opportunities to volunteer and work with your peers.
- Your children and grandchildren are eligible for Society scholarships
- Paid members have access to the online technical content and membership directory.
- It’s inexpensive with annual dues of only $20 (students free
The Ohio Geological Society:
- Organizes monthly meetings featuring technical presentations from local and national.
- Sponsors and organizes workshops and field trips.
- Brings national experts to lead affordable training sessions on various technologies.
- Arranges social outings such as the annual Golf Outing and the Winter Gala.
- Annually sponsors four college scholarships totaling $4,500.
- Sponsors $1,450 in awards at the Annual Ohio State Science Day and provides judges for the event.
- Sponsors other geological and science oriented causes in Ohio.
- Affiliated with the international American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) and the regional AAPG-Eastern Section.
- Organizes and carries out the regional AAPG-Eastern Section meetings periodically held in Ohio.
JUST $20 WILL PROVIDE MANY LEARNING, VOLUNTEERING, AND SOCIAL OPPORTUNITIES.
Members of the Ohio Geological Society represent diverse business interests such as the oil and gas, geotechnical, environmental, and mineral industries, and also are affiliated with research institutes, academia, and government.